According to a recent study, about 43% of the world’s websites are created with WordPress. WordPress is a community-based CMS (Content Management System) tool.
The biggest advantage you will get if you create a website with WordPress is the plugin. There are currently 59,000+ free plugins in WordPress. Using these plugins, it is possible to create any type of website.
However, another main purpose of using WordPress is SEO. To do post SEO on other platforms, it usually takes a lot of trouble. But there are some plugins in WordPress that you can use to seo not only posts, but also the entire website.
Today we will discuss 5 such popular and helpful WordPress SEO plugins. Let’s start today’s discussion.
Rankmath is the most popular WordPress SEO plugin. This plugin has almost all kinds of SEO related facilities.
Another reason why the Rankmath plugin is popular is that it offers some features for free that other SEO plugins don’t give without premium.
This plugin has a variety of features. Some of them are discussed below.
- You can use this plugin to see if post SEO has been optimized or not. Moreover, you can change meta-description of post, epen graph, snippet, etc.
- Using this plugin, you can determine which items on the website to index on Google. Suppose you don’t want to index a page on Google. In this case, you can do that too.
- This plugin will automatically create an optimized XML sitemap for you.
- With the Instant Indexing option, you can set up the Bing Web Master’s API. As a result, the request to index the Bing Web Master will go away as soon as the post is published.
- Moreover, there is a separate free plugin called Instant Indexing, which you can install and set the API of google search console.
- 404 redirect is one of the features of this plugin. Using this feature, you can redirect 404 pages of the website to the homepage or to a specific page, which is very effective for SEO.
Besides, the rankmath plugin has a variety of features such as: video sitemap, news sitemap, schema markup, open graph, rank tracker, etc.
2. Yoast SEO
It is one of the most widely used SEO plugins. In particular, it is more commonly used for content optimization. It is currently one of the best plugins for those who understand SEO less.
This plugin is also made sitemap automatic. Moreover, this plugin has different types of SEO features. Below are some of the features discussed.
- When posting, you can do focus keyword analysis with Yoast SEO’s powerful content optimization tool.
- This plugin will create an SEO friendly sitemap for you.
- With the help of this plugin, you can mark up different types of schemas without any coding knowledge.
- You can change titles and metas while posting.
In addition, the premium version of the Yoast SEO plugin has a variety of features such as Redirect Manager, Elementor addon features, Internal Linking Suggestions, etc.
3. All in SEO
This plugin is a popular SEO plugin. In the All in SEO plugin, you will find basic SEO options. This is one of the best plugins for beginners.
Giving the correct information when setting up this plugin will make its work automatic. Besides, this plugin also has different types of features. A few are discussed below.
- If there is any kind of issue on the site, it will let you know. Moreover, if you need to improve anything on the site, it will also let you know this plugin.
- The protection feature of this plugin will protect your site from bad bots.
- You can change the title and meta of the site through this plugin. Again the snippet and title of each post can be changed through this plugin.
- XML sitemap and basic schema markup feature you will get in this plugin.
- You can also find the Woocommerce SEO option in this plugin.
Moreover, if you take a premium subscription, you will get the benefits of on-page SEO, Google AMP SEO, Video SEO, Redirect Manager, Advance Schema Markup, etc.
This is a common SEO plugin. However, in the free version of this plugin, you will get so many features that are not available in the paid version of other plugins.
It is currently one of the best SEO plugins. Below are some of the features of this plugin.
- XML and HTML sitemaps you will get in this plugin.
- Mobile, desktop, Facebook and Twitter previews can be viewed and customized through this plugin.
- Image SEO feature In this plugin, you will get it for free.
- You can manage the redirection.
- Content analysis can be done through content analysis system. Again unlimited keywords can be tested through this plugin, which is not allowed to be tested without one in the free version of other plugins.
If you take the premium version of this plugin, then you will get the features of Video SEO, Schema, 404 Redirection, Local SEO, Broken Link Checker, etc.
This is not an SEO plugin. It’s a WordPress manager. You won’t find this plugin in the WordPress plugin forum. It can be found on the official site of WPMUDEV.
Although the plugin is premium but it is offering a 3 month free pro subscription trial. Using smart crawl, a sub plugin of this plugin, you can run SEO related work.
In the Smart Crawl plugin, you will get a variety of features including content analysis, XML sitemap, redirect manager.
Warning: Never use more than one SEO plugin on the website. This can cause a lot of damage.
Some other essential SEO plugins
1. WP rocket
This is a premium speed optimization plugin. You can greatly reduce the loading time of the website using this plugin. Again, using its rocket CDN (content delivery network), you can increase the speed of the site even more.
2. SEMRUSH Content Analysis
Using this plugin, you can check how much SEO optimized the content of the post has been. It is the official plugin of the popular SEO service provider SEMRUSH.
3. Schema Pro
This is the best plugin for marking up schema data. In this plugin you will get different types of pre-build schemas.
It’s an analytic plugin. Your site can be used to track the rank. Moreover, it shows the status of Google AMP visits. With this plugin, you can see the full status of the site by adding Google Analytics and search consoles.
So far today. I hope you liked the article and it will be useful to some extent. If you like it, please share it with your friends. If you have any questions related to SEO and WordPress, please comment.
Thanks to everyone.